There’s nothing worse than missing a call you’ve been waiting for all day, unless you’re a customer and you’re trying to get a hold of a business. With so many Maltese businesses going online and devoting a lot more of their time to digital networking, it’s no surprise that the traditional first port-of-call – the phone line – has been pushed to one side while companies get to grips with new technologies available to them.
However, neglecting your phone line is never a good idea. For many older consumers, the only way they have to connect with your business is through a landline or a phone line, and it’s vital to make sure that your phone line stays connected – and that might mean upgrading it to a PBX.
What is PBX?
PBX means ‘Private Branch Exchange’, and it’s essentially a telephone networking system individual to each business. With a PBX, you can set up call forwarding, voicemail, call transfer, and even an automatic receptionist to help guide your consumers to the right department.
How does PBX work?
A PBX splits the physical phone line for your office into multiple branches, making it easier for your consumers to reach the right person quickly.
However, while it sounds like a complicated thing to set up, PBX is one of the easiest upgrades to your business that you can make. It’s very user friendly, and built on a plug-and-play mentality, so all you really need to do is follow the installation instructions for your given system – and there are companies who can help you do that!
Why should I invest in PBX?
PBX can save you time and money by helping guide consumers to the right departments, but it also has the key benefit of retaining your old business number, which means setting up doesn’t interrupt normal business operations. Additionally, because some PBX are hosted in the cloud, it’s much easier to recover information in the case of disaster.
Besides the functional benefits, a PBX makes your business look more professional. With the use of virtual receptionists, you can guide your caller to the right person or let them know to leave a recorded message.
AIRO Software can supply 3CX technology that works both on-site or hosted in the cloud to suit the customer’s needs. Additionally, 3CX is a modern technology, and can help future proof your business and also potentially simplify the infrastructure of existing PBX systems using more modern components.
Here’s ten reasons why having a modern phone system is beneficial for your business.
- A PBX can help connect your clients remotely – without needing to hire a receptionist to answer the phones.
- Access to the PBX system wherever you go, making it much easier for one-time visitors such as delivery men or installers to gain access.
- Businesses with remote workers can benefit from greater flexibility and a lot more connectivity.
- Automatic call logging means no salient information is ever lost.
- Your customers can leave voice messages which are then forwarded to email.
- Easy to reroute calls to a different number so that no calls are missed while people are on vacation.
- Minimum waiting times so customers will not get annoyed.
- The possibility of having both a physical phone and an app on iPhone and Android makes it much easier for the company to connect.
- PBX can be hosted both locally or in the cloud.
- Increasingly competitive prices means that finding a price point to suit you is easy.
Although these are just a few of the benefits that PBX offers any business, it’s important to state that there is potential for a lot more. However, when it comes to PBX or other business agreements, it’s important to work with a company that you trust to make any big business changes.
AIRO Software is here to help you modernise your business and avoid missed opportunities. Leave us a message and let us know how we can help you.